13/11/2012

Transition Year

 Hi there. As you may or may not know, I'm currently in transition year (TY) in school. For you that don't know it's a very exciting year. In my school we change form classes, have the fashion show and the play and we also do exciting modules like theatre makeup and crime studies. Some school don't have TY, which is frightening to think that some people have to finish their Junior Cert and then go straight into the Leaving Cert course. Most people who haven't done or aren't doing TY think it's a lazy/doss year and maybe it is in other school but in my school it most certainly is not!
 Coming back to school this year was sort of like starting school again as we had a new class to get to know and our school got a new building so we had to find our way around. TY is quite stressful, most people are probably thinking ''How can a year of doing nothing be stressful?'' and I will explain to now. Firstly, we were seated in our English classes and told ''you have a few weeks to produce a Shakespeare play and you have to preform it in front of all the TY students''. This seemed like an easy enough task until we started working on it. My friend, Rachel, and I volunteered to be project managers for our class play so we had to sort out everything. We had to give everyone a job, then we had to make sure everyone did their job. My class is a pretty great class so we all did our parts and our play turned out great. It was hard work and our teacher freaking us out didn't help but we did it!
 There is also the fashion show and the play to get stressed over. I'm working on the costumes and the makeup for the play so we're not really doing much now as the fashion show is in about 2 weeks so they have to get that finished. I'm not a part of the fashion show but most of my friends are. One of my friends is a model and one's a dancer and Rachel, who was a project manager with me, is a model coordinator and she's pretty stressed. She has a pretty important job, I don't know exactly what she has to do because I haven't asked her since she's so busy and stressed out with all the work she has to do. I'm sure the fashion show will be amazing and I'm so excited to see everyone's hard work in action.
 This post makes it sound like I'm not enjoying TY but I really am, I've become friends with so many new people that I'd never really talked to before and I get to do some really interesting classes. The teachers also treat you with more respect now that you're a senior which I really like. Over all I think that if you haven't done TY yet and you have the choice you should definitely do it as you'll learn so much about yourself and it's a great experience. I know that it's only mid November but I really feel that the year can only get better and I hope it does. Thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment